Monday, September 14, 2009

Can religion and science coexist?

The two articles that I read from this chapter were “Say it ain’t so…” by Karl Giberson and “Remove Stickers, Open Minds” by Kenneth Miller. I found Miller’s argument more persuasive because he was the one who actually wrote the original textbook that was altered and he clearly states in the textbook that evolution is a theory. He also expresses how evolutionists have more evidence to support their theory. Although I agree with Giberson’s statements regarding how not everyone can accept that we have come from lower beings, I do believe that the pro-evolution theories have much stronger support and evidence than that of those who believe that we are all created individually by God. I believe that we as students should be taught both evolutionist theory and creationist theory and use our own minds and beliefs to decide what we believe are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment